Friday, November 30, 2012

Bend Over, Blogger!

I'm putting on my HoH hat (yes, I can - I made one just for this),



and I'm rounding up the most wicked implements I can find,



because I'm going to flog the hide right off of Blogger. Ggggrrrrr....

 

I lost count of how many times I tried to reload my GOOB post in the past couple days, but Blogger just kept sitting its happy little *ss down and refusing to do what I told it to do, which was to PUBLISH my post the way I wanted it. Simple. Do your job, Blogger.

I had to put my intention to repost GOOB on the back burner on Wednesday night, or I was going to flame out. I think my ears are still smoking.

I also tried to load a ditzy little post really early Thursday morning, after my last thwarted attempt to GOOB with the gals. That post was just for fun, something quick to help me cool off, imagining potential captions for this photo from a ttwd standpoint. ;-)




I was still typing possible captions for this and a couple other silly photos when Blogger just blinked out - all gone, not even a draft. I wanted to bite something!





Err, umm, not that, although I really do like...ahem! Staying on topic...which was...I forget. I mean, which happens to be feeding my mad, I wanted to bite this:




But with much bigger teeth, more like these:



No, of course not puppy teeth! But omigosh! I couldn't resist. Isn't that the cutest puppy you've ever seen? I found about a hundred photos of puppies biting something. Too sweet! Aaaawwwww! Now, THIS is more like it!

 
 

 (Okay, Irishey, stop with the puppy photos...) Now, this, THIS is MUCH better:





I don't only want to bite Blogger, I want to beat Blogger's butt! Tan its tush. Whip its woo-woo. Blister the bejesus out of its behonkis. Annihilate its *ss. Cane its caboose, destroy its derriere...

Bend Over, Blogger. Your big, bad bottom is begging to be burned, and this bodaciously audacious HoH-*itch is going to bite your bum, roast your rump, and scorch your sit spot!

You know what? I'm too distracted by thoughts prompted by the bite-the-belly photo ;-) to continue with my alliterative tantrum. But, I think I've covered all the bases, so everyone is clear I want to bust Blogger's Butt??! Besides, I want to see if this will post.

Phew! That was fun. I feel better now.

33 comments:

  1. I love your alliteration Irishey:) Sorry Blogger is being a big, bad butthead...ok, I am not as good at it as you:) Thanks for the morning laugh!
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, Bea, not bad at all. I'm adding "butthead" to the list. It's a perfectly apt description. ;-) Thank you very much!!

      Delete
  2. Interesting how Blogger let you post your anti-blogger post, but not your GOOB post.

    Basically Blogger, like the bottom of the halloween treat bag, is against us too! Jerkface that HE is!

    Well Blogger we will not be thwarted!

    I may however be distracted by the belly biting pic.

    Willie

    BTW- the first puppy is a fluffier version of what my Muttly looked like as a pup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is afraid of me now, Willie. Did you see those killer boots and that flogger? Heck, I'd be scared of me, too. Lol!

      I love that puppy. I want him. ;-)

      Certain Distractions are really...distracting! Ahem... Moving along now. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Well, the way I see it, you have used up a lot of calories getting this out of your system, although I do hope you are able to get your GOOB post up soon.

    Blogger can be really tough sometimes and does the strangest things. When I start whining too loudly my husband says, "Susie, exactly how much do you pay for the use of Blogger?" Grrrrr! Okay, he's right but it's not helpful when I'm as mad as a hatter.

    I have had much better luck in working with it using Google Chrome than I did using it with Explorer. If you are in Explorer, you might want to try that.

    Loved the pics btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Susie

      Once again you are a far better woman than I. If Barney were to point out to me, when I was in the throws of a simmer moment, what M did to you- I'd be tempted to throw something at him :-)

      Delete
    2. Susie, thanks. I've read for quite some time that Chrome helps, but I don't trust Google's privacy and security. They seem to be adamant about continued efforts to want me to elect to join location services, share location, etc. I keep opting out of Google+ for that reason. Google is very upfront about wanting to know all your "w's" and I still say, "Nunya!" Actually, that probably is more of an excuse, and my real reason is I don't want to learn a new browser, or even bother installing it on D's laptop. That would indeed burn more calories!

      MM, I believe in justice so it was only fair to present the subversive behavior that incited my wrath and offensive stance. I also displayed my preparations and resources, and shared my battle plan. I didn't have to draft recruits. I didn't even ask for volunteers. I assembled this army from eager troops, without an ounce of whine. ;-)

      Willie, watch what you throw while in simmering throes. I'm thinking your projectile might just get used on you in a far more "applied" (and ouchy) fashion. Lol!

      Delete
  4. Hang in there! I have wanted to strangle Blogger for awhile now.
    I'm a Mac girl using Safari and Firefox and Google+ / Blogger seem to hate me!!!

    I've lost a lot of posts, but what completely drives me bonkers is that MANY days, my blog roll says "You currently do not subscribe to any blogs"
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    I have to re load 100 times to see if anyone posted new blogs...

    completely bonkers I tell ya!!

    Love the pics by the way! Blogging is fun and worth it right??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangle?! Oops, forgot that option, Emi. My focus was more southerly. ;-)

      Never had a Mac. Well, I did, actually, but it was decades ago, and he wasn't a computer. Ba-dum-dum! ;-)

      I have trouble keeping up with new posts and comments. Can't decide whether my blog roll, Google Reader, or email is the best way. Or is there something better? Anybody??

      I'm glad you enjoy blogging. It suits some folks quite well. My jury is still out on whether I love blogging, but I am very happy to have found this terrific community of people!

      Bonkers! Yeppers! Lol! Glad you stopped by, Emi!

      Irishey

      Delete
  5. I love alliteration.

    On another note, Blogger can drive you to places you don't want to go. I'm glad you are going to take it in hand. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good, Sunny! Now I know whom to call when I want to light my alliterative torch a little brighter. Blogger lost its shot to drive me anywhere. I'm behind the wheel now, and carrying concealed, so Blogger better behave.

      ;-)

      Delete
  6. LOL Irishey - Tan that tushie! Blogger definitely deserves it but MM has a good point - it is free. ;)

    Ok - here's a few things you can check:
    1. Make sure there is only one version of your post in the 'Posts' folder. If there are more, decide which one you want to keep and delete the rest. Make sure you look at them because once they are deleted, they are GONE.
    2. If you have deleted the multiples or only have one version, click on the 'Edit' link as if you are going to modify the text, look over on the right side and see if there is a date/time under 'Schedule'. If there is, change the date/time to today/now and then click the 'Publish' button.

    Hope this helps. Email me if it doesn't work and we'll see if we can work it out for you.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Cat, but I happen to believe Blogger didn't get the message, "The best things in life are free..." I am prepared to administer lessons to correct that. Lol!

      Thanks for your mini tutorial here. I'm going to save it to favorites. I was conducting my own trial and error sessions, with Blogger Help as my resource. Bwahahahaha! Bwahahahaha! Ha. Ha. Ha. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Gosh if I ever have any more problems than I already had, I'm in deep ummmmm doo doo. Yes I did just say doo doo! Thank goodness Ana, PK and Sunny can talk down computer lingo to me! Lol
    You should have kept going and posted a GOOB! Ha that sounds gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minelle! You did! You did! You DID say "doo doo!" And GOOB sounds grossly icky. Lol! I think I'm a little punchy.

      I wanted to do a fun post to work out my frustration, but when I tried to do that with a quick funny yesterday and Blogger blinked out twice, followed by my browser, I'd had enough for one day. I simply started over today and let my nonsense flow until I worked it out of my system. Ran out of time I could spend conveniently on the computer, so I've been commenting on my phone. (No rules, just chasing a baby.)

      Maybe we need to have the gurus start a shared author blog with helpful how-to's, tips & tricks, etc. I'm sure they need more to keep them busy!

      Delete
  8. The desire to spank the stuffing out of blogger is nearly universal....go for it, Irishey - if you ever get blogger over the knee, give it a few dozen swats for me.
    I was away all week and data valet at the hotel and/or blogger wouldn't let me comment on posts.
    I share your wrath and wish you well, my friend.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger's new home is over my knee, Lillie! ;-) I'll swat and pop and spank it often in your honor. In fact, I won't wield a weapon to wallop Blogger without wishing you were here to witness. Thanks for throwing the W's!

      Hugs back at ya!

      Delete
  9. and....awwwww on the puppies, especially the little dashie :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!!!!!

    Oh you made me laugh!

    I am *so* relieved it wasn't my comment that made you take the post down.

    Pssst. Wordpress is much much MUCH less glitchy. (Knock on wood.) Come over to the dark side. You know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ana. I'm glad to see you back here, and laughing! Your comment was fine, and I wanted to update my post so it was better. I hope to have it up tomorrow. This week turned out to be almost a complete bust, anyway.

      Dark side, huh? I did a little research before starting this blog. Wordpress reviews indicated it beats Blogger for lights, bells, whistles, gew-gaws and doohickies. There is magic over there, huh? ;-) Maybe I'll go play around and see what sparks. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Blogger has more of the bells and whistles (being able to support certain kinds of code, for example, and being able to accept images copy-pasted from the internet, and the timeline blogroll), but after trying both in the beginning I liked wordpress much better. I think WP has much better spam-catching options, no captcha, and better support. I regularly see people frustrated to heck with Blogger, but I don't see that with people using WP.

      Though the timeline blogroll would be nice!

      It's okay about goals. Actually I didn't do as well as Celeste. There is no punishment for missing a goal, just reward for completing it. Plus a clean slate every Saturday and a chance to reset goals for the next week. :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. "GOOBers" brings to mind The Andy Griffith Show, southern peanuts and something slimy and disgusting. Bleh. Lol! I'll try to get my post up tomorrow. ;-)

      Glad you stopped by, Celeste!

      Delete
  12. You are very creative! Blogger can be such a big pain. I never thought about beating it though, I just usually copy my post just in case it "POOF" disappears. My time is too precious to risk losing something I wrote, and won't have time to re-write.

    LOVE your fun word play. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stormy! I'm happy you enjoyed it. It helps to think of other things when a mad-making thing keeps distracting me. Doing a silly post was just enough nuttiness to get me (almost) over my mad. Lol!

      I'm definitely going to have to start saving. I don't like to waste time, either, though I doubt I'm nearly as busy as you seem to be.

      I'm glad you stopped by!

      Irishey

      Delete
  13. Irishey, I did have a lot of troubles with Blogger at the start of my blogging.
    But I suppose there is some getting used to Blogger to be done.
    I haven't had a problem in many month now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Bas. I'm just learning how to use this tool (said in the nicest way possible!). I was testing a few things along the way, so I probably confused Blogger as much as I was confusing and frustrating myself. It's all a learning process.

      Thanks for commenting, Bas.

      Irishey

      Delete
  14. Lol, Loved this Irishey, very creative. Love the puppies - but where is Scrappy? I ... a-hem, I mean, he, would sort out blogger! Lol

    Hope you are feeling better now :)

    Hugs
    Roz aka Scrappy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, Scrappy went with you when you took your little vacation. He was nowhere to be found, didn't answer my whistle, nuthin' - hmph!

      Thanks, Roz, I do feel much better. Gggrrrrr! Lol!

      Delete
  15. Hi Irishey,

    Blogger works much better in Firefox or Chrome than IE. Whatever browser you use, make sure it is the latest version. Using an older version can cause problems. I swear by Firefox.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Hermione. I've read good things around the blogs about both Firefox and Chrome, at least in the way they interact with Blogger. I need to get a new computer - my laptop is ancient, so I used my phone to read and comment - had to borrow D's to create the blog, tho.

    Hugs back,
    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whip its woo-woo? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Agree, disagree, discuss, debate, laugh, joke, gnash your teeth or wail to the heavens - with courtesy and respect for me, you and each other.
Your words represent you. Use them with care and common sense.