Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Irishey's Isle is Open! Make your reservations now!

My first post on my newly created blog should have been be an introductory post about me, I suppose. Instead it was . . . . . - what WAS that? Lots of words, playing with my template and doing a features test run. There were some things about me, and about you, my blogger friends.

I suppose this could be considered my first "real" post, because it is more along the lines of what I originally intended and most of what follows was in draft before my blog template mishap. Still, this "first" post is not an introductory post about me. I don't always follow convention, although I can be quite conventional at times. This post, and a lot of my blog, is going to be about YOU, my ttwd friends, as much as it is about me. It may or may not be about US, my D and me, but more about that later.

I was told by a couple bloggy friends that my blog could be about anything I wanted. You are the reason I started this blog, you are the reason I will continue with it. Therefore, my blog is dedicated to you. (I know. Aaaawwww.)

I'm not being mushy simply to court your favorable reactions. I am sincere about this. I wouldn't be here blogging if it weren't for all of you, and I like to give credit where it is due. I'll explain, but you don't have to read all of this. Really. You'll miss out on all my -- well, whatever it is.

I've been lurking and commenting around ttwd-land for more than a year now. I've resisted starting my own blog because it involves time, creativity and commitment to compose pithy new posts on a regular basis. Furthermore, most of you share extremely personal information, so it is only fair for me to share intimate details about me/us in like manner. I have some issues with that, which I will explain as I continue to post. At any rate, having committed to starting a blog, I will contrive to do my best to continue blogging with a measure of consistency.

Despite my reluctance, I know there are advantages to having my own blog to serve as my HQ. I've long wished for a place from which to organize my participation in the ttwd community and stay better connected with my blogging friends. Is the feeling of being excitedly reluctant, or reluctantly excited, familiar to anyone else? Yeah, you know who you are.

Also, there are many bloggers who do not know I consider them to be potential friends because I merely lurk on their blogs. I think this would be a good time to acknowledge a few of my friends, both those who "know" me and those who do not:

I should start with Bonnie, from My Bottom Smarts, because she does so much to keep the spanking community involved with each other, and keeps all of us informed about new blogs that have launched. She is kind to regular and infrequent visitors to her blog alike, replying to comments with thoughtful specificity. Hordes of bloggers commented on her Love Our Lurkers Day 7 post, including me, and she was quite complimentary about my delurking comment. She also stopped by my first blog post that really wasn't, and left a warm welcome for me.

However, I can't start with Bonnie, because I feel impelled to follow a trend I've noticed - that first I must blame someone for my blog, namely PK. Come to think of it, PK seems to be blamed for quite a lot around ttwd-land. There is a problem with this, however, because I only lurk on PK's blog, New Beginnings, having commented only once, perhaps twice.  PK hasn't twisted my arm to blog, unlike a few others of you, so I am going to break with tradition and not blame her. Besides, later, I'm sure I'll find something to blame on her. ;-)

I am thanking the following folks for encouraging me to start a blog. Because of this, I also am blaming them for whatever shenanigans develop as a result of me blogging in the future:


There are a few more who've given me a nudge, or asked when I was going to start a blog. There are many more whose blogs have provided me with inspiration through their thoughtful posts and warmly quirky personalities. Thank you, all of you.

I need your help. I am putting the finishing touches on my "shoulda been 1st" post a few days after I started it. Today, I added a new first paragraph and updated the second, then returned it to draft mode so I could re-read it with fresh eyes a little later. I then made the mistake (?) of reading my email and a couple blogs. The above paragraph was the end of this post, until I went blog surfing and found...this:




I received a Liebster Award before my blog was launched. In fact, I think I received 3 of them, possibly 4 (I received one via blind copy on email - assume this counts?). Does anybody know exactly what this award is, where it originated? I had heard of it a while back, but cannot remember when and where. Was it going around here on blogs in the past year?

I have these Liebster Awards waiting for me to respond. Is there anybody out there who hasn't received it yet? Post a comment and tell me who missed being tagged, or who needs/wants the blog exposure. You can name yourself, or tattle on each other. I'll make sure these blogs are given their very own Liebster Award. *

I saw a blogger (non-ttwd) report she had researched it extensively, but was unable to find the "original" posting/announcement of the award. She noted it was meant to promote blogs with 3000 or fewer followers. That number has since been reduced to those with fewer than 200 followers (I have 9 - obviously I qualify). I am not speaking with any authority, just offering my recollection of what I read previously, and a little time spent searching after having received this award.

As for completing these questions and answers and forwarding them on to 33 or 44 bloggers, who each in turn forward them to another 11 bloggers... This might cycle back around to me again. Hhhmmmm.

I love that I was included in this, and I think it will be rather fun, though time consuming. However, this is Thanksgiving week with serious Christmas preparations beginning this weekend. I'm going to show you a little of my mettle here, folks...

* I'll get around to it, when I get a...

25 comments:

  1. Awww..Thanks for the shout out Irishey!...It ALMOST makes up for the mean things you said to Elisa about me in your last post! *wink*

    But I'm still happy you've finally arrived with your own 'address'

    Love Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mean? Moi? Never. Honest, realistic, pragmatic, call 'em as I see 'em...okay, I guess that was mean, but only in the nicest teasing way. Lol!

      Thanks again, Willie.

      Delete
    2. Mean comments about you, Wilma? I can't find 'em! Everyone loves you, girl. Thank you for posting about our dual "birth" days in blogland on your site. It's like I have a twin now! ;)

      Irishey, I really like this post. So excited that you are here, sharing your thoughts! I have a feeling that I will learn a lot from you. :)

      Delete
  2. Love having you here. Like I am sure you've been told and you agree, this is your blog and what you do or do not share is entirely up to you. We all have different comfort levels but just enjoy the camaraderie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sunny. I do enjoy the camaraderie. I think one of the reasons we get along so well here is we can construct our friendships on our terms, however much or little we want, what we have time for, how much we can "stand" - all depending on what we have going on in "real" life. We don't *have* to engage each other if we're having a bad day, but know are friends are here waiting if we do need to vent, or want to engage in some silliness. It also takes off the pressure to "be on" as we are elsewhere. I think that gives us a certain freedom to be more of our real selves.

      Delete
  3. Hey Irishey - Awwww and don't go blaming me for whatever shenanigans develop as a result of you blogging in the future! :D I offered to let you just guest post whenever you had a thought you wanted to expand on. :P

    As far as the Liebster Award is concerned, it's just something that started in our community (heard somewhere that we might have to 'blame' Ana teehee). Anyway, you can do as several others have who came in on the tail end of the 'awards' and just post the questions you were sent along with your answers. Then post 11 questions and invite your readers to answer any/all of them. I can't think of anyone who hasn't been nominated at least once if not more. So get busy, answer those questions, think of 11 you would like some or all of us to answer and post! Have fun!!!!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear, Cat! You recognized yourself! Lol! I'm sure you'll be responsible for some shenanigans - I'll be disappointed if you're not.

      Blame Ana, not PK? Bas does blame Ana for a lot... ;-)

      Condensed and consolidated Liebster was my intended solution, too. Thanks for validating my plan to break the rules. I knew we'd be in cahoots on a lot of things!

      Blessings to you, too, sweet Cat.

      Delete
    2. I never blame Ana for anything. She turned me into a garbage can and I still love her!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to blogging, Irishey! I remember seeing you around blogs and I saw you on mine on Lurker day. Glad you took the plunge, I hope it's a great experience for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riley. I really enjoy your blog. You have a unique way of expressing yourself, and I truly appreciate that.

      Thanks for stopping by an offering your encouragement!

      Delete
  5. Hi Irishey, Welcome to blogging! I'm so glad you decided to start a blog and will happily take the blame :) Thank you for the shout out.

    Look forward to hearing more from you.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a real stand-up kinda gal, Roz, to take the blame for my future hijinks and shenanigangs! I like it.

      Thanks for always welcoming me here and on your blog.

      Delete
  6. Whoever is to blame I'm just glad you're here. I have talked about everything from spanking to cooking (well not really) but you get the idea. I'm here for the people, it's that simple. We want to know your thought about TTWD, your family, your job - just you. But as I asked you in my comments on your first post - where's your Fantasy Friday story all ready??

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was positive I had replied to this... Odd.

      Thanks, PK. No cooking, huh? Never noticed. ;-)

      PK, I love to read, voraciously in fact. How about if I READ a story for FF?

      Stop! Stop! Stop! Turnip. Pickle. Rainbow. Catfish. Rumplestiltskin already! It really hurts when you twist my arm.

      I don't write short stories. I've never written a short story. I write long letters, posts, comments, thoughts to the page. Surely, that can't be why you think I'd be a writer? Lol!

      Hey, do you need an editor or proof-reader? I might be really good at that!

      Irishey

      Delete
  7. "I'm here for the people." Nice. I know you mean that, and I think you have a little tongue over there in your cheek, stirring your droll humor into your sincerety.

    I was hoping if I put enough words on the page, it would distract you so you wouldn't realize I sashayed right on past your Fantasy Friday invitation to me. Has anybody ever told you that you can have a one-track mind about something that sparks your interest and passion?! ;-)

    PK, I love to read, but I've never tried my hand at writing anything except required assignments back in school. Dang. You twist hard. Sheesh. Okay, I'll consider composing a story for FF, but it can't be for this Friday. Let me see what I can do... I can't believe I am committing to this - it could be literary suicide for your FF. Bleh. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I am glad you are "open" and taking reservations....uh, let me see Lucy table for two please :D

    It is going to be a lot of fun seeing your blog come alive!

    ~Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy. Your table is always reserved for whenever you stop by.

      Oh, dear. I hope it comes to life before I manage to bore everyone to death! Thanks for the vote of confidence.

      Irishey

      Delete
  9. I think this might end up being a very unique place, a bit different from other blogs...and as you told me once Irishey, you go ahead and share what YOU want to share.

    Haha...PK is bugging you for a Fantasy Friday story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! I don't know how unique I'll be, but I want everyone to feel welcome here, free to exchange thoughts and points of view, no matter how different they may be.

      PK is a hoot! I wrote a lot in my career, but it was definitely NOT fiction. I'm going to have to give this some thought. Maybe I can find a story rattling around in my attic somewhere. Jinkies.

      Thank you so much for your support and friendship, Susie. It means more than you know.

      Irishey

      Delete
  10. Irishey, I agree you need to do a story for FF. Please!
    Sunny told me do the blog your way....That is what I do. I feel my husband and I are hard to categorize. However since I am a little older some of the ways we respect each other, are espoused by TTWD or DD come naturally.
    Welcome no matter what you decide to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the welcome, Minelle.

      Thank you not so much for helping PK twist my arm. ;-)

      We, too, are harder to categorize, and we are a little older, too (nice of you to put it that way). We also have respect at the core of our relationship, as a natural thing. In fact, much of what is viewed as submission or submissive, I consider to be common courtesy, hospitality, generosity. I didn't know until I came to the blogs that some of the things I was taught are good manners, others see as submissive acts. On the other hand, things I consider to be normal leadership (and other things), are construed to be dominant characteristics. How different we all are. I love learning about the intricacies of these many dynamics and the thought processes behind them.

      Thanks again for the welcome. Enjoy your day!

      Irishey

      Delete
  11. Start wherever you like. I'm just glad you're here. :)

    Hugs,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, you know you've earned top billing, and we're all happy to recognize that. Thank you, truly, for all you do in this community. Your blog is a lot of fun, and you're very open and warm. I hope to get to know you better.

      Thanks, again!

      Irishey

      Delete
  12. Just found your blog had started on Monday. How wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading your stuff at your place.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mick. I'll do my best to put up "stuff" worthy of you taking the time to read. I've really enjoyed all the gutsy and instrospective posts you've done. You really pour your heart into your relationship, and that jumps right off your blog post pages.

      Thanks for stopping in to offer your support.

      Irishey

      Delete

Agree, disagree, discuss, debate, laugh, joke, gnash your teeth or wail to the heavens - with courtesy and respect for me, you and each other.
Your words represent you. Use them with care and common sense.