Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving to my U.S. blogger friends, and Happy Thursday to all my other blogger friends! I am thankful I have you in my life, and that I am able to share in your lives in some small part. May God bless you and keep you safe today, and every day.





My Thanksgiving Day Cast of Characters
(sshhh, it's really the Menu)

Starring:
 
Honeysuckle White (Roast Turkey)
Cranberry Redd (whole cranberry sauce)
 
 

Co-Starring:
 
Yukon Gold (mashed buttered potatoes)
Candie Yams (yam casserole with brown sugar and pecan topping (with marshmallows for my son)
Turkey Sauce-Brown (gravy)
Soupy Noodles (homemade noodles with giblets and shredded turkey cooked in turkey broth)
Stellar Stuffing (cornbread stuffing with lots of good stuff in it)
Rolly Ham (hors d'oeuvres of thin-sliced rolled ham stuffed spread with seasoned cream cheese rolled around a pickle spear or green olives, secured with evenly spaced toothpicks, and sliced into bite-sized sections - a family favorite)

Crew:
 
Frenchy Green (the omnipresent green bean casserole they can't have TG without)
Corn Baker (D's corn casserole - the best!)
Veggie Tray (I think they know, but still, sshhh!)
Fruitay Sah-Lahd (Raspberry Jell-O with fruit)
Ginger Punch
Peach Tea
Coffee
 
Special Guest Appearances by:
 
Punkin Pah
Peeee-Cahhnn Pah
Whipped Cream
 
 
 
 
 
~ ~ ~
 
I found this, and thought perhaps it might give a few folks some ideas for making their own Thanksgiving paddle decorations, or for decorating their Thanksgiving paddles. Enjoy! ;-)
 
 
 
 

 
 

26 comments:

  1. So what time is the showing? I'll take my seat far away from the paddle decorations please.

    So Thankful that you are here too.

    Happy Thanksgiving, and now I go and enjoy my Thursday. Heck I can call it Thankful Thursday, can never be too thankful :)

    Love to You and Yours

    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie, you're absolutely correct - we never can be too thankful. Imagine how different the world would be if we could remember always to be appreciative and humble for all we have.

      Show time was at 2:00 today, but we're putting it on again tomorrow for a couple of D's family. Not sure yet what time they can be here, but we'll show on the go! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! I hope you had a wonderful day as well.

      Irishey

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day and have a wonderful long weekend.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ronnie. I'm feeling especially thankful and blessed this year for having met and become friends with some wonderful new people like you. Enjoy your weekend.

      Irishey

      Delete
  4. Very nice cast! I think the turkey paddles add a perfect touch of whimsy. ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rogue! My stars really shined today. Yum!

      I didn't haul out my Thanksgiving decorations this year, so I thought about making one of those turkey paddles to set out on the table, then thought - Nah. Lol!

      I've been over at your place trying to catch up, but thought I should reply on my own fledgling little blog before I get in too deep at yours. I can't see your blog well on my phone, and commenting is almost impossible, so I'm parked at the table with the laptop. Dang hard chairs anyway.

      Happy Thanksgiving, dear Rogue. I hope you are blessed with peace and happiness.

      Irishey

      Delete
  5. Where is the ticket box?

    In case I don't make it in time: Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas, no tickets necessary for my friends!

      Thank you for wishing me Happy Thanksgiving! It's never too late to wish good things for a friend, but you were right on time.

      I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip. Safe travels!

      Irishey

      Delete
  6. I'm coming to your house to eat!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PK, I think you missed the turn. Should I still keep your plate warm, or put it in the fridge?

      Hugs back at ya!

      Irishey

      Delete
  7. OMG That sounds delicious! What a wonderful day you are going to have - think of we cold Canadians! Kidding, enjoy the feast and family!
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lillie, I always think of my cold Canadian friends! It was so warm here today, relatively speaking for November, that it actually felt balmy outdoors.

      Everything was very delicious. I didn't hold to the 2-bite rule, but I had small helpings and no seconds. Still very full though, and because we are doing the full spread again tomorrow for D's family, we opted to have pie only for our evening meal. Lol!

      Hugs to you, too. I hope you are feeling much better.

      Irishey

      Delete
  8. Very creative. Love your menu and the presentation. Are you open for guests?

    Maybe you should contact Blondie regarding the paddle decorations.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Sunny! A new line for Blondie's paddles:

      "Poultry Paddles" for sale.

      Ad slogans:
      "Paddle Her with Poultry"
      "Tan Her Tush with a Turkey."

      Cool. Lol!

      Thank you for the kind words. I hope your day was lovely, too. I'm always open for guests, especially the really nice ones. ;-)

      Irishey

      Delete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mick. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Are you still working out with #2 son? I'm starting up again next week. Have to get back in shape so I can be ready for all that Christmas food. ;-)

      Irishey

      Delete
  10. Yum! I'd love if you would share the noodle recipe!
    How many do you have for the day?
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Minelle! I thought we were having only seven (I'm accustomed to cooking for huge family dinners, so small scale is taking some adjustment). One of D's family couldn't make it today due to having to work a double shift for Black Friday.

      I'll be happy to post the noodle recipe. I'll throw it up as a post in the next day or two.

      Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

      Irishey

      Delete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving Irishey - menu looks awesome - I'll just join Willie over here away from the 'Turkey's'. :)

    Have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cat. Those turkeys look so sweet and innocent, all palely pastel and frou-frou. I'm not fooled, either. Hmph! ;-)

      I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, Cat. Big, big hugs for you, my friend.

      Irishey

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in, Renee! I hope your day was wonderful!

      Irishey

      Delete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving Irishey. The menu looks amazing - think I'll join Willie and Cat and stay away from the Turkey's though :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those turkeys are sickeningly-sweet-looking, all smiley and pastel-ey. I think they have payback on their minds. Just sayin'!

      Hugs back at you, Roz. Sorry I missed your comment earlier.

      Irishey

      Delete

Agree, disagree, discuss, debate, laugh, joke, gnash your teeth or wail to the heavens - with courtesy and respect for me, you and each other.
Your words represent you. Use them with care and common sense.