Saturday, November 24, 2012

Liebster Lives On (Thanks Blondie, Sunnygirl & Willie!)

It was cool to win an award before I launched my first blog post. Lol! I'm also very tardy in responding to the directions - argh - please forgive me.

The best I can figure from what I’ve read elsewhere, The Liebster Award is a way to spread the blogger/blogging love, affords blogs the opportunity to expand their readership and encourages/allows bloggers to get to know each other better. By the way, from my research I’ve discovered the first Liebsters making the rounds were for blogs with fewer than 3000 readers, there were only 5 questions, and each blogger nominated 5 other bloggers. Apparently, somebody(s) along the way has changed the rules. Imagine that!

I was given The Liebster Award by Blondie, Sunnygirl and Wilma, to give random facts about me, answer questions they posed, and create my own set of questions for bloggers to whom I present this award. I’m very late in responding to this, so I won’t resurrect this award by passing it on to another 11 bloggers who have “won’ already. I think I‘ve seen this on every blog I frequent, so I‘ll spare you all the repetition.

However, I answered all the questions, and I posted questions of my own below. It was easy to provide random facts and to answer most questions put to me, but I had a very difficult time coming up with new questions. I don’t know why that is, but I would appreciate it if you would pick at least one of my questions to answer here in a comment. Of course, feel free to answer all 11 here or on your own blog.

Liebster Award Rules:  
  • Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
  • One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
  • One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one's own blog! 
  • One pastes the award picture into one's blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)


11 random facts about me:

I love being outdoors.

Weather fascinates me.

I usually don’t have a favorite color, food, song, book, movie, gemstone, etc., but I do have favoriteS of most things.

I am a veggie hound.

Chipmunks live under the deck outside our bedroom, and blue herons come to visit our pond.

I used to play clarinet and piano, neither very well.

I have nothing pierced except my ears.

I have a collection of bells.

I am the luckiest mother in the world.

Although not nearly as limber as I once was, I am still more limber than my children.

Anyone who really knows me could identify me from the above 10 factoids.


My questions for my award recipients (readers):
1. What is your deepest objection/fear about people in your “real” life discovering your non-traditional ttwd dynamic (or your wish/plan for some element of ttwd)?

2. What is your exercise routine(s) each week?

3. Do you have regular date nights with your partner? Describe.

4. How often/what do you cook/bake from scratch?

5. If you could build the house of your dreams, what would it look like inside and out?

6. How important has your education been to your career/life, and would you like to continue formal education/training?

7. What is your most frequent reading genre and why?

8. If you could choose any another life path than the one you have, what would it be and why?

9. Considering the available resources and supplies in your home and on your property at this moment, how long could you survive if you were unable to leave your property and were without any publicly provided utilities (electric, gas, water, sewer, etc.)?

10. What was your last “ah-ha” moment?

11. What, if any, formal or informal dance/dance steps are you able to do?


Blondie’s questions for me, and my answers:

1. If you were with a group of people talking about DD/TTWD, who would you be? The moderator, the main speaker, a participant or in the audience?
Moderator.

2. Would your marriage/relationship work without DD/TTWD?
Yes.

3. Do you like the holiday season?
Yes, with one exception: I love the spirit, music, lights and decorations, festive atmosphere, everything. I do not like the commercial frenzy.

4. How many people do you speak to from blogland?
About 20 on their blogs, 2 in email.

5. Could you switch roles with your partner? (spanker/spankee)
Not sure I would WANT to spank him. The thought doesn‘t do much for me, personally (there is at least one post in that!). However, if that was something he wanted from me, and depending on whether he had a good reaction and if the shift in our dynamic was positive after we tried it, I would do it. I'm feeling rather odd about that.

6. How would you explain this relationship to your child?
I would lovingly stonewall them. My relationship is my personal, private business, not my child‘s.  However, if my child has specific questions or concerns, I would address those, depending on their age, level of concern, type of questions and true need to know. Simple curiosity is not need. Deep worry about me, or broaching their own relationship problems might cause me to be more forthcoming. Tough question, Blondie.

7. Is there someone’s blog that you read that you cannot understand?
I don't think so. I understand, at least on an intellectual level, that different things appeal to different people, and they do what works for them. I’m intrigued by the motivations or reasons.

8. What do you like best about blogging?
I haven’t been blogging long enough to know if I like it or not. I like the camaraderie and support I see among other bloggers, and the ability to be open about topics one normally doesn’t discuss with family, coworkers or friends in the real/physical/non-cyber world. I was finding that as a lurker/commentor, and hope it continues as I blog.

9. Do you blush easily?
Yes. I hate that.

10. Does your partner either read, co-post or not read your blog?
He doesn’t read it.

11. Can you name 25 blogs you read just from memory?
Yes, either by blog name, blogger’s name or my mental image of the blogger.


Sunnygirl’s questions for me, and my answers:


1. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
Yes.

2. Are you democrat, republican or independent?
Registered Republican, strongly Independent leanings, and an appreciation for some of the Democratic platform.
 
3. What's your favorite part of the country?
Home is my first love, where I grew up and raised my family. But, I love the mountains, woods/forests, plains, unpopulated beaches, anything nature.
 
4. How do you eat an Oreo cookie?
One bite at a time. Bite, chew, swallow. ;-) Occasionally, I dunk it in milk, other times I twist it apart and eat the cream filling first.

5. Do you prefer to drive or fly when traveling?
Both. It depends on where we‘re going, how far we must travel, and how long we plan to stay, how much “stuff“ I need to bring with me...
 
6 . When do you open your Christmas presents?
Both on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.
 
7. What's your favorite time of year?
The holiday season.
 
8. Do you prefer to read actual books or use an E reader?
Actual books.

9. How do you prefer being spanked?
Well. (I should explain, but I won’t.)

10. Were you urged to write/blog by PK?
I hadn’t been urged to do anything by PK until I started this blog. Gggrrrr. Lol! Then she tagged me to write for her Fantasy Friday. Poor PK, you know not what you ask.

11. What kind of car do you drive?
Pickup truck and big SUV.


Wilma’s questions for me, and my answers:

1. What celebrity do you resemble?
No idea. Not copping out, I simply can’t see a resemblance in myself to any celebrity, and nobody has ever told me, “You look like ______,” but people often tell me I remind them of someone they know.

2. What do you think your husband/HoH looks sexiest in?
Anything blue. Or red. Or green. Or black. Or brown. Or white. Or… I love how he looks in polo shirts or button downs, but sweaters or t-shirts are great, too. And, I do love the way he wears his jeans!

3. Aside from reading my blog, what is your favourite pastime?
Reading other blogs. Lol! Truth? Sex is first, and spending time doing just about anything with D. After that, I love being with my kids, reading books, nature walks, socializing with family or friends.

4. What ONE word best sums up you?
Compelling. (Depends on who you ask, but I am described often as nice but intimidating, or intimidating but nice. I don’t know if there is an equivalent word for that combination in the English language. “Compelling“ is close to what they mean, I guess.)

5. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Dark chocolate…nah. I don’t feel the least bit guilty about that or any other pleasure. Lol!

6. What is a pet peeve of yours?
Stickers - price stickers stuck to my purchases, kid stickers stuck to my floor or fridge, bumper stickers, stickers that NEED to be on something but start peeling off, stickers that DON’T belong on something permanently but you can never get them off completely. Yep, stickers. Stickers suck.

7. What is your favourite day of the year?
Christmas Eve evening through Christmas Day morning.

8. Again aside from me, who would you like to have a drink with from Blog Land?
Wow, I just had about 50 people simultaneously pop into my head! Guess my answer is, “The ever-growing group of people I am getting to know here.” Let’s all have a cyber drink together tonight.

9. What irrational fears do you have?
Something really bad happening to a loved one, wild rats and other wild rodents (domesticated rats/rodents don‘t bother me at all).

10. What is the best gift you ever received?
God’s Grace. My children. My D. My parents, of course, and that they made themselves available to care for my children while I worked. My family and friends. Materially, nothing jumped to mind, and nothing comes to mind after giving it much thought. Odd, because I do like things. Lol!

11. What is your least favourite sexual position (ha..you didn’t think I was going to go through this whole thing without ONE naughty question, did you?)
Oh, wow. Hmm. I never wanted to try a wheelbarrow position - afraid my hands would slip and my face would crash into the floor. I like all the many positions we’ve managed to achieve. Of all those, if I were to choose the order in which we would do them, the last one I’d choose is reverse cowgirl - it’s a bit precarious and I‘m always afraid I‘m going to bend him too much the wrong way. (Sheesh, TMI!)

On on that note (!!), I'm off to notify my buddies I finally finished answering their questions. Make a great day by making someone else's day great! ;-)

26 comments:

  1. Love reading your answers! I also appreciate your avoidance of some! lol

    I almost always cook from scratch, not usually with any recipe per say...I just create. I have said it before, I have a general guideline then I just 'do,'

    I love the dancing question since I love to dance....I usually just move and wiggle and jump with rhythm, 'freeform.' I have also danced many of the fifties dances in fun with my sisters, mom and even girlfriends.(Even though I wasn't of that period of fun) Actually in college I took a ballroom dancing class a couple times, so have done many of the traditional ones. Not so much 25 years later.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Minelle. It's easier to say, Well," than to describe some things, especially when they are elusive to me.

      I've been cooking and baking since I was a kid, and used to read cookbooks - still do sometimes. Baking is a science, so I follow recipes and make careful substitutions. Cooking is usually just doing what I do unless it's a new try-it dish. Then I peruse a few recipes before I decide to just do what I do.

      I used to dance a lot of country-western dances way back in the day. Know a few others, but haven't gone dancing in forever. I miss it.

      Thanks for playing along. I was surprised to hear from anybody, considering how long Liebster had been going around, and given that I was so late. You were a good sport and I really appreciate your input.

      Irishey

      Delete
  2. Loved your answers Irishey. I'll answer a few of your questions:
    1. The only people in my life that I would not want discovering TTWD in my life are my mom and sons because some incidents that happened in my previous marriage would make them fearful and less likely to understand.
    4. Most of what I cook is from scratch - like you, my baking is done by recipe (will substitute some things) but other than that, I was taught to cook by my dad who utilized the 'throw it in the pot and see what comes out' method. I love cookbooks and collect them from all over the world so I will get ideas from them but never follow them. The problem is when someone wants one of my recipes, I have to create it and sorta measure so that I can at least give them an approximate idea of amounts. One exception, I am very careful with my measurements for my canning recipes.
    7. Don't really have just one - I read everything, mysteries, sci-fi, historical romance, biographies, futuristic, spanking, etc. Not really too much I don't read. LOL
    9. It wouldn't matter how long I could physically survive with no utilities because no internet for two weeks?!?! = Ack!!!!
    11. I have two left feet and am the comedy relief if I am dumb enough to get on the dance floor.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cat. My new friend, Anonymous below, pointed out I hadn't replied to you. I was going to search the cyber black hole to locate my response, but figured it was quicker to rewrite it. ;-)

      1. Absolutely understand this, and ick on the former marriage.
      4. I used to have an extensive cookbook collection, but most of those and boxes and boxes of thousands of books I've collected since I was a child were destroyed while in storage. I may never get over that. I love my books with a passion. And people asking me for my recipe for a dish they liked? Umm, okay, let me go make one up for you? Lol!
      7. Ditto, ditto, ditto..... Yea!!
      9. Omg, I shoulda known! I should have qualified that with, "You have enough batteries to indefinitely operate your internet-connecting device."
      11. I did an internet search for "dance two left feet." You wouldn't believe how many sites there are for dance studios and other resources designed specifically to accommodate that particular condition. ;-) We'd have a blast at a dance party, Cat!

      Thank you for answering some of my silly questions. I hope your weekend was a great one!

      Blessings to you, too!

      Irishey

      Delete
    2. LOL Irishey - I thought you were just popping around answering the shorter comments since I ended up writing a book! ;)

      So sorry you lost all your books - I've been a book lover since I was a child so I certainly understand. If you read my Leibster I have collected over 10,000 and that doesn't include the cookbooks or any of the e-books. :)

      BTW - would also need batteries that didn't have to be recharged for other items also. teehee

      Have a great day!

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
    3. I did read your Liebster, and I drooled over your mention of owning 10k+ books. Your personal library is my new vacation destination! ;-)

      Qualifier/given edit#2 - You have an unlimited supply of every size and type of battery imaginable in order to operate all your battery-required devices... (guess lack of electricity is a moot point by this time!) Does that cover it? Lol!

      Delete
  3. Cead míle fáilte, Irishey! I just found you, and I enjoyed learning more about you. I'm glad you finally decided to join us full out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, June, I always thought it would be wonderful to learn Gaelic, but apparently I didn't want it enough to make it a priority or I would know it by now. Thank you for your hundred thousand welcomes!

      I'm glad I'm here, too. Go raibh maith agat as do chineáltas.

      Irishey

      Delete
    2. Tá tú an chuid is mó fáilte roimh, mo chara
      (You are most welcome, my friend ;) )

      Delete
  4. Since both you and I are 'spanko's. You as a Republican, and I as a Democrat. If you ever see Sarah Palin, or Michele Bachmann. Can you inform them, that I would love to spank their bare bottoms. If you on the other hand, would love to spank a Democrat, please tell me which one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOTB, sweetie, I'm keeping my eye on you. I've seen your comments around the community, so I know you have a passion for spanking that far exceeds mine. ;-)

      You're going to have to seek out Sarah and Michele on your own. I can't be responsible for either lady's nether regions being on fire.

      Now, having named yourself Democrat on my blog, you and I both know it will take more than a good spanking to pound some sense into a dogged Democrat, just as no amount of heat from a tail warming will travel north enough to change the mind of a resolute Republican.

      In the interest of remaining on topic, and not stirring up discord, I'm retiring this political discourse. Isn't it great ttwd crosses all cultural, economic and political boundaries? I know you like that - it increases your spankables pool! ;-)

      Enough teasing you. Thanks for stopping by SOTB.

      Irishey

      Delete
    2. Thank you, for your honest answer Irishey. And Touche, as they say in France, and on your Tush, as they say in the good old U.S.A. Please keep up your good and interesting 'spanko' blogging. I like it.

      Delete
  5. As for a celebrity look-look-alike. I am a combination of a Woody Allen, and Dustin Hoffman, which when combined, makes me look like Paul Newman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahaha! Good one, SOTB! I was trying to think of celebrity combos to describe myself, but feared the end result would create a very convoluted visual for anyone reading!

      Delete
  6. I wish I had time to play! ITs a lot of fun to read answers!

    I'd love to sit and have a drink with you. Ahh, dreams. :)

    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, my dear Stormy! I'm so glad you stopped by. I know your time is very limited. I've been really busy, so I was snatching minutes here and there to work on this post.

      Stormy, you have a good friend place in my heart, and we can have that drink together every day on our virtual porch. :)

      Irishey

      Delete
  7. These were fun! I love the herons too. Can't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susie. I love the herons, too, but D does NOT like them eating his fish. Our pond isn't large, and we had to stock it last Spring. When D is home and sees a heron swoop down, he goes out and claps at them until they leave. They know him now. A couple days ago, one flew very close to our back porch, looking in, saw D, and flew away! I was amazed.

      Thanks for stopping by, Susie. ;)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for answering my questions Irishey... not that they were all that serious.

    It was fun getting to know you a little bit more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun, Wilma! Thanks for thinking of me. It is a good way to get to know some things about our friends. Thanks for coming by!

      Irishey

      Delete
  9. I feel like I know you a little better, Irishey - and I LOVED the chipmunks!
    hugs and love
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lillie! I hope knowing me better hasn't scared you away! ;-)

      I love those chipmunks, too. They are sooooo cute, and I love their antics and facial expressions. What I didn't know is they can be very destructive. I need to find a way to keep them from tearing up the place, and yet encourage them to stay.

      Thanks for stoppiing by!

      Delete
  10. I was going to ask a question here but do you only reply to your friends? I noticed you didn't reply to the person who posted as "Cat". I will not be offended and will find another place to post my question if you prefer that only your friends post here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, I just saw your post. Of course you are welcome to ask a question. If you would, make up a name for yourself and sign it at the bottom of your comment. This way I will recognize you if you decide to come back and visit me.

      And thank you for noticing my comment to Cat did not appear! Cat is a wonderful friend, and I wouldn't dream of slighting her. I don't know where my reply to her went, but I'll do another one, pronto!

      Irishey

      Delete
    2. Hi Anon - Yes, Irishey and I are wonderful friends but she would answer my comment/questions even if it was the first time I had visited her site. She is a wonderful lady with great advice so please post your question and Irishey will be more than happy to answer it for you.

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete

Agree, disagree, discuss, debate, laugh, joke, gnash your teeth or wail to the heavens - with courtesy and respect for me, you and each other.
Your words represent you. Use them with care and common sense.