Instead, you are getting the off-the-cuff results of me thinking to the page. Sigh. Sorry about that. Those plans were good ones, but they went awry when I was trying on blogger templates and playing around with customization options. Without warning, I had a glitch issue. When I was able to reload my excuse for a blog, I discovered my template appears to be corrupted. I had customized it quite nicely, and I'm rather ticked off about the whole thing.
The title layout, the color scheme and background that I mixed myself, my gadgets, widgets, doohickies and thingamajigs - all these things were present before the big burn, and were almost where I wanted them. My fonts were sized for normal people - It was not sized for those who can see microscopic typeface from across the room...
EVERYTHING APPEARS TO BE ALMOST ALL GONE.
(Hmm, I'm testing blogger's limited standard formatting options as I think out loud here. They seem to work in draft mode, and the Preview seems to be working for the post text. That's good, but my custom creation is no longer showing in the preview. I don't see a version option, and I don't have the time or patience to uncluster it. However, draft isn't the same as published, is it? I learned the hard way to be leary of the Preview option, so we'll see, won't we? Lol!).
I'm not even certain which content remains, some of which was there only for test purposes so I could see the placement on the finished page. Those things and many others are not showing in Preview, and I hadn't managed to get far enough to backup my template - gggrrrrr)... I hope some of that test stuff isn't still there - that could prove verrrrryyy interesting, BUT, I WONDER, ARE ALL MY PRETTIES GONE??!! It's not that bad. I have all that gooey junk saved on my laptop. I probably didn't need it anyway.
~ ~ ~
At any rate, I've decided to throw caution to the wind and let this post go live in the interest of activating this blog. I'll tinker with my layout as I go along, but right now I feel like hiring this little gal to run my blog for me.Please let me know if you notice anything behaving erratically, or stumble across anything that might not belong there.
Oh, my stars! I'm so distracted by wondering if my blog page is going to look like a kindergarten project gone wrong, that I almost forgot about this, and I can't publish without it:
Thank you, my friends, for making me feel welcome and included in this wonderful group of people who share their most personal lives out here. Who'd 'a' thunk I would have found some of the most open, honest, intuitive, intelligent, introspective and generous souls I've ever encountered? I didn't expect it at all, especially because I couldn't link directly into most of the blogs without feeling I was being interrogated for stepping off into the realm of darkness. You know the drill, I'm sure:
When I first tiptoed onto this path and clicked ttwd blog links, it took me a while to become accustomed to not being redirected immediately to the blog. Blogger took me to their sparse, cold, almost ominous page where I was cautioned, in big text, on a traffic-orange background, no less:
Content Warning
...followed by a paragraph of blah, blah, blah... "that may be suitable only for adults..."
Hmm, should I have said, "Yikes!" and run for safety? Perhaps, but I didn't.
I thought, "Well, duh, I know where I want to go." I had the tiniest twinge of a titillating little thrill that I was about to see something naughty. I worried I would wreck into the worst trolls in existence, all circling like vultures waiting to drop on the unsuspecting who happened to wander into their carrion fields. Shiver. (Occasionally, I slip into alliteration. It must be a character quirk. Pay it no nevermind. I digress...)
Blogger wants to ensure, absolutely, positively, that I know what I want to do. In order to exit the warning and proceed to the blog I want to read, I am offered the solemn caveat and option to click a button that inquires if I am certain...
I understand and I wish to continue.
Okay, deep breath, let's see who/what is waiting on the other side of this scary button.
I can't begin to describe how differently I perceive most of you from the mental images I briefly conjured every time I saw that warning and confirmation button.
My mouse hovered a moment or two before I took the plunge into each of your blogs. Strangely enough, I didn't imagine any of you looking like the above couple. Ha! ;-)
The photo is titled, "Scary Couple." They are modelling their Halloween costumes, and they're actually kinda cute in a weird/odd way. I didn't want to post "true real life" photos of what I think is "scary" (which, I should mention, includes me in my old bathrobe and slippers). I know there is some obscure foot-in-mouth law which dictates I would post a photo of extra-curricular costumes and accessories used in at least one of my friend's occasional fantasy role-play scenarios. Not the thing to do! ;-)
~ ~ ~
Sometimes, on some blogs, I see and read about things that, generally, are considered to be very naughty. I truly appreciate most of it. I am a sensual, sexual adult female, after all. I believe in learning and understanding as much as possible about human sexuality and relationship dynamics. I find it fascinating there are so many varied ways in which people connect successfully.Occasionally, however, I come across a blog where things are too coldly clinical or unappealingly raw for my taste - they grate on me or don't touch me where I am wired. I move on, secure in knowing I am entitled to my preferences as much as others are in expressing their own. Still, I find it interesting such diverse things appeal to people, often for very different reasons.
For instance, I can't imagine a time when the activity depicted above wouldn't put me in a "let's get down and dirty" mood, although I usually want to shower first (hiking together - you knew that, right?). Your mileage may vary.
~ ~ ~
I don't visit ttwd blogs to peruse porn. Aren't you glad I shared that with you? Lol! Okay, perhaps some of you go to the blogs in search of porn, but there probably are better places to find it. I hope nobody expects to find porn on my blog, although I'm sure our discussions may evolve (or devolve) into some steamy subject matter on occasion.We all have experiences, and questions about our own and others' experiences. Where better to explore these things than here? I'll do my best to ensure our discussions never become too jarringly graphic or uncomfortable. Likewise, if you're reading my blog and notice the comments getting out of hand, I hope you will email me or the person(s) responsible so it can be handled off-blog.
~ ~ ~
I first started visiting ttwd blogs because I was drawn to the honesty and intriguing outlook presented at the Taken In Hand site. Some of the posters' comments truly resonated with me, and I believe I read a significant portion of the content on that site. I got caught up in the ttwd/dd blogs, and haven't been back to TIH in quite some time. I don't agree with every perspective of those who have posted there, but none of us are required to subscribe to all the views of everyone else.I also found similarly interesting points of view on some sites dedicated to Christian Domestic Discipline, but I don't know that there is the direct correlation between Christianity and disciplining a wife, as many espouse. I found other informative sites that appealed to me on various levels. I'm sure there are site reviews around the blogs, so I'll leave that for another post(s).
There is/was some very good information on these sites and many others, and the majority of posters and commentors appear to be people who truly ascribe to the goal of working toward the best interests of their partners and improving the overall health of their relationship. I think, as most of us do, this is the primary motivation for wanting to incorporate ttwd in all our myriad ways. On the other hand, some of it would never appeal to me because it would feel oppressive, cruel and abusive. That is the good thing about ttwd - everyone custom-tailors it to suit their own needs, kinks, quirks, baggage, etc.
Apparently, I'm on a roll here. It's cleansing to think to the page and purge all that hostility about my wasted efforts earlier to make this blog my home away from home. I'll just keep typing. You don't have to read it.
~ ~ ~
As many ttwd bloggers have reported about their initial forays into learning about ttwd or connecting with others who already practice it, it wasn't long before I found Mick's former blog, "Husbandly Touch." This blog recently experienced serious technical difficulties and Mick removed it. Gosh, I miss having ready access to the wealth of knowledge in the posts and comments on "Husbandly Touch." The good news is Mick returned with a brand new blog called Mick and Lynda's Place, and he already has some really good posts, plus I hear he re-added some old blog content due to widespread demand.
In the beginning of my perusal of blogs, I also found Sara of findingsara; Stormy at Shelter in the Storm, and so many, many others, most of which I read from the first post. I've read almost every post of Mick's and Stormy's blogs, and comment occasionally on each. I may never work my way through all of findingsara. Her blog is extensive and has been active for over 7 years, at least.
Bonnie, PK and quite a few others also have blogs that have been around for years. I'm going to properly thank Bonnie in another post as I intended to do in my initial/launch post. I also intended to blame PK for something, because it's tradition, so I'll have to devise something plausible to place on her doorstep. PK actually invited me to save myself the trouble of reading all of her blog, and just post questions on her posts. I like PK.
I've also read many other blogs in their entirety. Please, nobody feel left out because I didn't list and link to you here. If I have commented on your blog, it's almost a certainty I've read your blog from the beginning - unless it has more content than Encyclopedia Brittanica. Often, a comment appealed to me, so I would link to that person to discover more. Before I knew it, I was reading their blog from the beginning while simultaneously continuing to read the blog I had linked from. Some blogs led me to ten more, twenty, thirty others - I lost count.
~ ~ ~
As time progressed and I began commenting on blogs, I became acquainted with people who are becoming some of the best friends I could imagine. I also came to appreciate and care for people who don't know the regard I have for them because I rarely or never comment on their blogs. I feel badly about this, but I'm hoping to remedy that as much as time allows. I've added some of the blogs I have frequented to my blog roll (we'll see when I publish this whether that was corrupted when my template crashed and burned).None of this tells you much about me with respect to ttwd. I have to save something for future posts, but I shouldn't leave you completely hanging about us. This post feels unfinished without it, so I'll give you a snippet about my D.
~ ~ ~
When speaking to/with the wonderful man with whom I share my life, I often call him, "my (his name)." In fact, his real name begins with D - thus, here, he will be called "my D" or simply "D." My real name is not Irishey, by the way. Coincidently, it begins with S.I don't plan to share many specifics about my D because his story is his own, but I will tell you I deeply love him. My D loves me exactly the same amount, or he loves me more. I know both to be true because he responds with one or the other assertion every time I tell him how much I love him. He occasionally calls me "Angel" when it's just the two of us. That makes me smile inside, probably because I'm not an angel.
~ ~ ~
I've thought to the screen for far too long. I'm sure it's disjointed and not well constructed. Poor of me to consider posting without a final re-reading and editing for content, double proofing, examining grammatical structure, but I have ambled and rambled aimlessly...Sunnygirl, I should burglarize your blog title, because I, too, am a master (mistress?) of Aimless Ramblings - kicked up a huge notch. ;-)
I'm rolling the presses! Blessings, my friends.
.




+(2).jpg)

Dang. The imbedded links are still the default pale gray. I meant to fix that. I think I'll tone down the brightness on the green border, too. Sidebar is a bit too busy...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, it looks as though it worked enough to launch the blog, and my first post seems to be showing the few bells and whistles I was testing to see how they would look published on-screen.
If anyone wants to throw out suggestions, I'm always open to constructive criticism and commentary.
Irishey
Yay ! Yay ! Yay !
ReplyDeleteAND someone else who is maybe a wee bit of a chatty patty! Welcome Irishey!!!
I hope you get your blog the way you want. No matter though. We don't care the dress you are wearing, as long as you are at the party!
Loves ya
Willie
Thanks, Willie. I'll try not to be too much of a Chatty Cathy, but I won't promise. Brevity is my goal. Bwahahahaha!
DeleteWelcome to Blogland:)
ReplyDeleteThanks, SNP! I appreciate the welcome.
DeleteIRISHEY!
ReplyDeleteHad to find out on Blondie's blog when she nominated you for the "Liebster Award" that you now had a blog. What's up with that woman?!?
Have to agree with Willie - as long as you've joined the party, we don't care what you're wearing. Blogspot has lots of quirks. grrrr Mine crashed over the weekend but was able to get it back but ya never know.
Am looking forward to some very interesting posts from you my friend. :)
Blessings,
Cat
Oh, dear, another Liebster Award. Who is Liebster and what have I done to earn such an award?
DeleteI saw Sunnygirl had nominated me for one of those, and Wilma sent me an email that I think is doing the same thing. Now Blondie.
33 questions to answer, 33 random facts, 33 questions to pose, to 33 bloggers. Oh, my. Are you responsible for initiating this prank, my dear Cat? Lol!
You only have to answer ALL the questions...you don't have to come up with more than 11 facts or questions to ask others...That is should you CHOOSE to do it!
DeleteSo glad you got started, Irishey, even if the first post doesn't meet your standard of perfection! Personally, I admire the fact that not only do you have such standards, you know when to let them go. Welcome!
ReplyDeleteHi, Kevan, and thanks for the welcome! Did you realize you were extending a subtly backhanded compliment? Lol! I really do need to tone down the green, but first I must find the source of a widget error.
DeleteThe layout looks fine to me, Irishey.
ReplyDeleteI've read your whole post, please keep blogging.
Hugs, julia
Quite a feat, Julia, reading all the mundane meandering of my mind! Actually, it helped cool me off, and I cleaned up a little of what went south on my blog. Going to fix that green right now.
DeleteI so don't care what your blog looks like and I'm jumping up and down that you've decided to write! I have the biggest grin on my face right now.
ReplyDeleteWelcome Irishey! I look forward to any and all aimed or aimless ramblings.
You made me smile, Susie! Thanks for jumping all over the place in welcoming me.
DeleteI hope Sunnygirl doesn't mind me being accused of engaging in aimless ramblings. She would NOT want to be confused with me. @..@ Lol!
I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it...oh yeah!
ReplyDeleteLove that song, Bea! Now it's lodged in my head. Thank you for that, and for the welcome. ;-)
DeleteSo great you are here. I kept checking. I was hoping you would say something soon.
ReplyDeleteYou did way better than me with all the technical mumbo jumbo! I also confess to not caring or reading the small print in setting everything up. As I indicated, on my blog I have random emails and maybe another aborted blog out in internet blogland.....Hopefully I am here to stay.
Thank you, Minelle. Soon enough, I'm sure you'll all agree you're glad I waited to start saying something. I spared you a year of my sometimes pointless pontificating. Now definitely is more than soon enough to start saying something about nothing at all...or something like that. Ha!
DeleteTechno mumbo jumbo? Nah, more like poorly laid-out format for constructing a blog, or anything for that matter. There are logic lapses in blogger create-a-blog - the parts and pieces are all over the place. I sympathize with you, Minelle. I wanted to bite something. Now I know why everybody wants to spank the living daylights out of blogger. Gimme a paddle, I'm next!
Random emails and an aborted blog? Jinkies. I doubt the aborted blog with mess with your new blog, but I'm leary about random emails - what's up with that?!
Ahhhhh....now this is like lying down in a patch of fresh green clover! I love your curtains and I love that you are here! You know how people come together and take a photograph, like a family, and if someone is missing often the posers will subconsciously leave a spot for where they "should" be? Yep - this is where you belong, now things are perfect.
ReplyDeletehugs hugs hugs
lillie
Hi, my darling sister from another mother! I considered 4-leaf clovers or fields of clover, but it seemed too...too. Ya know? Lol! But that is how I wanted my blog to feel: Cool, fresh, calm, relaxing, a background where my friends and I can feel the warm breeze as we sit in the sun and noodle over what we are all about.
DeleteHugs back at ya!
No porn on Reverend Mother's blog?
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the ranks of the PK fans.
I will need to plan more time for reading blogs as of now.
Ah, Bas, nice reference to our previous exchange. I can't imagine myself having a nun's image in your head. It feels most irreverent. Now, stop that! Do NOT replace me with a caricature of a curly, gray-haired grandma in a house dress and bunny slippers.
DeletePK is cool. Thanks for the welcome.
I see your dig, and raise you one. I can't keep up with all the good reading material on everyone's blogs. Maybe I won't have much time to write, and spare you carving out more time to read mine. ;-)
Glad you stopped by, Bas. Thank you.
Welcome Irishey :)
ReplyDeleteAll of these blogs and so little time. Can we please get an extension to the 24 hour day? I am asking for a maid for Christmas....who has time to clean with all of this going on in Blogland????
So happy you got started!!!!!
~Lucy
I know, right?! My blog roll is so long it's scary. I may single-handedly crash Google Reader.
DeleteThanks for the welcome, Lucy. I like your comments on other blogs, and I'm trying to catch up on your blog. I hope to get to know you better. I'll come by to see you soon.
Oh, Irishey. I am so glad you are here. WELCOME, my "sliver" friend.
ReplyDeleteSliver friends are wonderful, and I'm so glad you're mine. Thank you, Sunny!
DeleteHi Irishey! Apparently you and I launched our new blogs simultaneously. :) (I'm blaming Wilma for mine). It's nice to 'meet' you.
ReplyDeleteOh, Elisa, good for you! I'm so happy someone is blaming Willie for something. She is rather ornery, and gets away with it! Great that you called her on it. (Love ya, Wills!)
DeleteI'm glad to meet you, too. I'll be by to see what Wilma started over there on your blog! ;-)
Happy Dance! Soooooo glad you're here! Welcome. :)
ReplyDeleteA Rogue by any other name...
DeleteI love when something makes you dance. I saw there are some happenin's going on over at your place. I'll be by to see what you've been up to lately. Ha!
Thank you, Rogue. Your welcome means a lot to me.
Hi Irishey, and welcome!
ReplyDeleteI was waiting for you to post so I could link your blog. That feat is now accomplished. I think this is a fine first post and your page design looks great.
There is one small question I have... In my mind, I've been pronouncing your name as Irish-ee, as opposed to Irish-eye (as in smiling), Iri-shay (sounds vaguely French), or I-rishee (like I Robot). Is that correct?
In any case, best wishes with your new blog. If I may be of help, you need only ask.
Hugs,
Bonnie
Hi, Bonnie! Thank you for the welcome, the link on your blog, and your kind words about my baby blog. That was very sweet.
ReplyDeleteI made up "Irishey" and I pronounce it in my mind in 3 of 4 of those ways:
Irish-ee: I guess I could've chosen Germanee, Englishee, Native American Indianee or Romany-ee. They all are part of my ancestry, as is Irish. I've defaulted to this pronunciation. ;-)
Irish-eye: Irish Eyes are Smiling swayed me in my "Irishey" direction, and gave me my email address, irisheyes... It also formed my official blog pen name, Iris Heyes.
Iri-shey (Iri-shay) - I used to be called Tschay, or something rather like that, like Chay or Shay, said together with a similar bungling of my middle name. My younger cousin initiated this because he couldn't manage to work his tongue and lips around my name. If your name was Bonnie Jean, he would've called you something like Uhmahnay-Duhween. Impure pig latin!
And, finally, I-Robot. I-rishee. Actually, I haven't considered that pronunciation, but I like it!
Bottom line, you can pronounce Irishey in whatever way you like, whatever sounds best to you. I'll answer to all of these.
Hugs to you, too,
Irishey
Yeah you did it!! Now we'll have someone else to blame things on! I'll help out any way I can except with the technical stuff - all this time and I still haven't a clue. But consider this a welcome basket of warm blueberry muffins (which I had to get at Wal-Mart because you know I can't cook, but it's the thought that counts!)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
Oh yeah, I think it's a rule now that you have to do a Fantasy Friday right before or right after you start a blog, so lets get right on that!
ReplyDeleteI "joined" your blog awhile back and have been waiting for your first posting. Well done!
ReplyDeleteI'll be visiting often and look forward to reading more about you and your journey.
Welcome to the community!
And from one person of Irish decent to another...
ádh mór ort! & sláinte!
MrBB
woohoo you've gone live. i saw your blog address before you started posting... i'm glad u have. i'll add you to my roll - thanks for having me on yours.
ReplyDeleteyea! a blog! I'm late to the party of course, but happy to see you blogging!
ReplyDeleteWelcome, welcome!!
(hugs)
-Emi
Welcome Irishey to blogging. So glad you are here!
ReplyDeleteIrishey...are you okay. So quiet! I am hoping that you are simply very busy with good things and not sick or overwhelmed or any of those things.
ReplyDelete